* Andre Lehmann
* Kaspar Emanuel
* Max Wardeh
* Nathan Parker
* Antonio Anaya
* Martin Häuer
* Pierre-Alexis Ciavaldini
* Sarah Hutton
* Robin Vobruba
* Governance: electing a new chair (5 min)
* Portability standard (10 min)
* Processes Update (15 min)
*OKH search (10 min)
* OKH-LOSH (15 min)
If no chair is elected, how do we develop a protocol for having a WG with no chair?
* What is the role of the chair and list of tasks involved
* Role of Governance TF in defining the role?
*Nathan elected as chair
o Intro by Max of the work being done on Portability by Sarah
o Sarah introduced her background, research methodology, and planned outcomes
o Kaspar moves to keep this WG focused on Discoverability because of time limitation, Portability and Interactivity will be worked on as time goes on in the near future as its still under the preview of the group
o Nathan expressed desire to work towards integrating the work of the right to repair movement. Suggestion by Robin to look at ValueFlow (https://www.valueflo.ws/)
o Research overview and questions: https://bit.ly/3MevaPp
o List of candidates: https://bit.ly/3zfcDzE
This link redirects to work that has been contributed by both Max and Kaspar.
It highlights the proposed standards platforms requirements, Change request proposals and open questions that need to addressed as the standards are being development.
Discussion (This section was not discussed, however updates were shared with the members)
1. For ease of implementation JSON is king. I have been prototyping on v2 using solely JSON instead of YAML. For okh-search v1 I worked with YAML. From the software development side JSON makes everything simpler.
2. There's a need to have an updatable "feed" of projects that the central search can subscribe to. I prototyped this as a JSON list (e.g. https://bit.ly/3m503v3) but I have been looking at possible alternatives and singling out RSS/Atom as one I want to test out. Here are some notes on the various alternatives: https://bit.ly/395cWSP (feel free to add-to / edit)
I hope to make more formal proposals about moving the standard in a direction that addresses these points before the subsequent working group meeting. If you have any thoughts or comments on any of this in the meantime, please email me.
Next Maintenance Working Group meeting is on the 9th June 2022 - 4pm UTC